Clearly the most bizarre of all luncheon meats. Something resembling bologna, with pieces of processed cheese and bits of pasta enmeshed into it. I don't remember ever enjoying it as a child, and I have never met someone who actually likes it. I don't know how it is still a profitable venture. I don't want to know.

This reminds me of a recipe I saw in an old children's cookbook: Macaroni, Cheese and Baloney Manicotti.

The instructions went something like:

  1. make macaroni and cheese according to directions on blue box,
  2. assemble rolls of a single slice of baloney with 4-5 Tbs of mac and cheese inside each,
  3. place rolls in shallow casserole dish,
  4. cover with one can of (condensed) broccoli cheese soup,
  5. bake at 350 until warm and bubbly.

Standard Recipe Disclaimer

The real Mac & Cheese loaf is actually MEATLOAF, with Mac & Cheese inside it. Recipe may be off due to fuzzy memory.

Mac & Cheese portion
1 package Mac & Cheese
1/4 Cup milk
1/4 cup butter
Make according to directions on package.

Meatloaf portion
1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  1. Put all meatloaf ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag and seal. Now mix together contents of bag thoroughly.
  2. Put 1/2 to 2/3 the contents of the bag into a greased loaf pan.
  3. Press into the bottom of the pan until about a 1/4 inch thick on the bottom and then up the sides of the pan to form a well.
  4. Pour prepared Mac & Cheese into well until just below the top of the meat. Not all of the Mac & Cheese will be used.
  5. Use remaining meat to cover Mac & Cheese making sure to seal it in completely.
  6. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
  7. After pulling from oven let sit at least 5 minutes, preferebly 10 to let things "set" so the contents do not ooze everywhere.
  8. Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.