"You have no idea how cheap TV is to make when it doesn't have to be any good!"
Sitcom on CBC starring Rick Mercer, Peter Keleghan, Dan Lett, and Leah Pinsent. It's about a Canadian Television Production Company. Outstanding satire.
Made in Canada is also the title of a book of photographs taken by musician Bryan Adams. Published in 1999 by Flare Magazine and sponsored by Kodak Canada, all royalties from the sale of this book go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

All of the subjects in this book are Canadian women, most of them famous, including actresses, models, musicians, authors, athletes, and journalists. As for the actual photos, some are good, some are great, and some are a little off, in my opinion. Adams' certainly has his own style.

Flipping through, here are some of the women photographed:

Very often, products that are made in Canada and the United States will have different compositions in the two countries. "American" Smarties are a small round tablet-shaped sugar based confection. Canadian Smarties are closer to M&M's in appearance, having a chocolate base instead of a sugar base.

Also, sodapop (pop or soda, you decide, though it is usually called pop in Western New York.) in the United States is made with high fructose corn syrup due to high tarrif on sugar. In Canada, pop is made with sugar, which makes a cross-border shopping run that much more sweet.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.