We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.

Founded in 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation ® is a charity devoted to serving children with life-threatening illnesses by fulfilling their wishes. With 25,000 volunteers working worldwide, the foundation has granted wishes for over 97,000 children, giving them the opportunity to experience “moments of hope, strength, and joy.” The Make-A-Wish Foundation ® is the largest charity of its kind in the world. There are 78 chapters across the United States and its territories, and 25 international affiliates on 5 continents.

The foundation serves children under the age of 18 whose doctors have confirmed their medical eligibility. If the child has received a wish from another wish-granting organization, s/he is not eligible. Children can be referred by parents or guardians, medical professionals (social workers and child-life specialists as well as doctors and nurses), or the children themselves. (To make a referral, go to http://www.wish.org/home/frame_findus.htm .)

A child’s condition does NOT have to be terminal for him/her to be eligible. In fact, the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s 2002 calendar spotlights former wish children who are now healthy adults.

Wishes

Most wish requests fall into four major categories:

I wish to go
Some Make-A-Wish kids want to travel to their favorite theme park, while others want to visit an exotic beach, go on a cruise, see snow for the first time, or attend a major sporting event or concert.

I wish to be
Children search the depths of their imagination when they wish to be someone for a day – a fireman, a police officer, or a model, for instance.

I wish to meet
Many want to meet their favorite athlete, recording artist, television personality, movie star, politician, or public figure.

I wish to have
Children often wish for a special gift, like a computer, a tree house, a shopping spree, or something that they have coveted for a long time. *

The Make-A-Wish Foundation ® is financed through corporate contributions, individual donations, foundation grants, planned gifts, and chapter fees and assessments. They do NOT telemarket, they do not deal in chain letters—although you may have received requests from similar sounding organizations to continue a chain mailing (see http://www.wish.org/home/frame_chainletters.htm ). If you would like to provide financial support for this foundation, you can do so by purchasing calendars, note cards, or holiday cards, donating airline miles or making a tax-deductible contribution; see http://www.wish.org/home/frame_give.htm for more information.

Thus ends the factual section of this writeup. The heartbreaking stuff is below.


Christy is 12, or thereabouts, and she has cancer. She attended a private school for children with learning disabilities—in fact, her family had moved to this state so that she could attend as a day student—until this fall, when she became too weak to come to school. Christy had gone through surgeries and painful treatments in the past, and the cancer had been in remission, but this time it is inoperable.
Christy’s family is very devout and dedicated to helping others, and Christy herself is one of the most cheerful, uncomplaining, happy kids you would hope to meet. She has kept in contact with her friends at school, and we have kept a steady stream of cards, prayers, and visits headed her way. Although she spends most of her time in a wheelchair at this point, she managed to walk down the aisle at her older brother’s wedding, Thanksgiving weekend.
Christy’s family was recently contacted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation®, and in vintage Christy style, she turned down any special wish, telling the representatives that her life has been a full one and that she didn’t need anything else.
But then, Christy had an idea—she has a wonderful friend from her old school, who still lives in the old neighborhood, hundreds of miles away, and she hadn’t been able to visit her for financial reasons. Christy contacted the foundation and made her wish—that she and her friend and their families visit over Christmas. Christy and her family traveled up to the friend’s home, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation provided for a visit to the mall and a sumptuous Christmas feast for the two families—surely a memory that they would always treasure.

I had a hard time deciding whether to share this story, which is absolutely true, with just the name changed. I know it’s heart wrenching. It’s also a lesson in love and caring, a reminder to focus on all of the good things that we have. Hold your loved ones tight this holiday season, and be grateful for what you have.

”Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”Charles Dickens

______________________________________Make-A-Wish information from the official website; * http://www.wish.org/home/frame_aboutus.htm Christy’s story from a holiday letter sent by the director of my school.

Let me tell you that your friend Behr (who is me) is a big fan of the Make a Wish Foundation. I am not usually a supporter of charitable organizations as they help people who were cursed by God to suffer and they are therefore interfering with The Lord's Work. Nevertheless, the Make a Wish Foundation tends not to change people's circumstances long term (which would be a sin according to Matthew) but give short term relief to children suffering with terrible illnesses.

I am not saying those children are innocent victims, far be it from me to ever judge another human being, but I saw an angle in the organization's way of doing things. I went down to downtown Baltimore and went looking for a sickly looking kid I could photograph. I then sent that photo to the Make a Wish Foundation saying my name was Berhardt Goats and I was dying of bone cancer. I then went on to tell them that I was inspired in my struggle by the great achievements of Donald Trump, who I had learned about after staying in a wonderful Trump Hotel and eating delicious fish sticks that were shaped like Donald Trump's profile. At least I was pretty sure they were shaped that way on purpose (it may have been incidental).

So, I went on to say that after I was inspired in my struggle with bone cancer at the age of eleven, reading about the achievements of Donald Trump inspired me to get a job in a machine shop, work extra shifts, and sell newspapers on the side. I was no longer a dependent child but a hard-working real American whose life had been changed by Donald Trump. And my wish was not just for me, who had already been helped, but for the whole country and the world. My wish was that Donald Trump would get elected as President of the United States.

When I wrote the letter in 2011, it was a shot in the dark, a hope against hope. Kenyan strongman and ISIS founder Barack Obama had illegally seized control of The White House and the Democrats running Congress refused to hold free and fair elections. The grip of this chilling, relentless and sadistic dictator was pretty secure at the time and with the Republicans being a vast minority in Congress, nothing could be done and no one did anything when Obama took extreme liberties with the power of the presidency.

Then, when Obama finally went too far, issuing an Executive Order requiring companies lay off enough people to put eighty percent of the population on welfare, solidifying his belief that people are best when suckling at the government tit, Congress finally reacted, demanding a free and fair election, and the party in power, the Democrats (liberals), put forth Hillary Clinton as their candidate. The Democrats didn't expect a serious challenge from the Republicans, who had been out of power for twenty-four years and barely had any power structure in place to field candidates at the state or local levels, not to mention national candidates.

The only viable candidates the Republicans could manage to put out there was Agatha Christie's son Chris and another Bush, trying to probe at people's brains for memories of a better time before George W. Bush left office 24 years ago. This guy, who didn't even have a full name because his mother died giving birth to him and never finished saying the name, so they stayed with what she moaned out at the moment of death, "Jeb!"

And then I got a call from the Make a Wish Foundation.

"Is this Bernard Goats or his caretaker?"

They mispronounced my name, which made me feel less guilty about the scam, so I let it go. The woman calling then went on to say that they had arranged for my wish to come true. She also said she agreed with me that what Donald Trump had done for me would be good for him to do for the whole country. And so began the long campaign to become President Trump, the most inpirational historical figure since before there were newspapers so we don't know his name.

It was like a beautiful dream as I watched the rise of Trump, and began to hear talk of work camps and returning to open torture of U.S. citizens to restore law and order in our country. I had to say I was a little aroused to the point of a partial erection when I imagined U.S. citizens being flayed alive in town squares, the way it was when American was great. I would leave the work I do and the big money I make in sales to become a low-paid flayer. It is just something that arouses me more than I see it having any function use in society, but every experience is different.

As much as they battered My Man Trump, he kept punching back, keeping his cool and never being rude as he defended himself from unproked attack after unprovoked attack. And now they are paying professional protestors to mock him in the streets. If they need a paycheck that bad we have a place for them in the work camps and on flaying night in the town square.

There was one time in the 1980s when I paid a good deal of money to go on a flaying junket to Malasia to watch secret flaying rituals conducted in the hills. Finding these events is getting harder and harder, thanks to meddling liberals, but I still get to see a good flaying at least once every three or four years. I remember back in the day when people would say "give me some skin" as a way of saying to high-five them and I tell you that was like an open invitation to reach into my secret box for them.

After Donald Trump won the presidency and put Obama in jail, I got a newfound respect the the Make a Wish Foundation. They really made my wish come true and if you are willing to pretend you are a sick kid then they could do the same for you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.