One day while being bored in my cube I started looking for things to do with all the AOL CDs I keep getting spammed with in the mail. Inspiration hit me - make a mobile! With some fishing line, dowels, spare change, and superglue I was in buisness.

It turns out that a dime or penny is just a little larger than the hole in the CD. So tie a piece of fishing line around the coin, and make sure it stays with a little superglue, leaving a long tail. Feed the tail up through the hole in the CD and tie it on to a piece of dowel.

Keep attaching CDs and dowels to other dowels until you've got something that you like. I found the easiest way to make it all balance was to start at the bottom and work up. Then, when you attach the line to the piece of dowel you can slide it around until it balances. Then use that line to attache to the next bit up, and so on.

Kind of like this:

               |
               |
               |
      ===================================
      |                                 |
      |                                 |
      |                                 |
   ========                           ------
   |      |
   |      |
 -----  -----

hang it near an air vent, and by a window or one of those nasty fluorescent lights for maximum effect.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.