Tai`Shar Manetheren!
True Blood of Manetheren!

Manetheren; The Mountain Home, Who's final King and Queen were Aemon al Caar al Thorin and Eldrene ay Ellan ay Carlan

In Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, Manetheren is the name of a kingdom ( and Capital City of said kingdom) that used to exist where the majority of the main characters hail.

Despite the fact that kingdom has been long disolved, the noble and strong blood still runs strong in those inhabitants that farm the lands.

During the Trolloc Wars the forces of Manetheren were a contant pain to the Dark One, their army was known among all the known world as an elite force, skilled and brave.
Knowing that he could never destroy the army with a frontal assult, The dark one sent an army south to the homeland of the army. The army found out about this however and marched night and day south towards their homeland in a seemingly impossible attempt to save their country.
They made it home, but were ultimately overwhelmed and their city was destroyed in a final act of magic by their grief struck Queen Eldrene as she felt her beloved King Aemon die.

The magic she unleashed scoured away the remnants of the Dark One's invading army, but also resulted in the total destruction of the city, right down the bedrock.

In the years to come, when the land was absorbed by the Kingdom of Andor, the flag and name Manetheren was used by almost anyone that wanted to to rebel against the crown. This lead to the name Manetheren becoming a dangerous one to mention and thus the history of Manetheren has been forgotten by the citizens of Andor.

The Flag of Manetheren was a red eagle on a blue background.  

See: The Fall of Manetheren

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.