This very chunky salsa can be eaten as a salad on a bed of mixed greens, or as a dressing for tofu, meat, or fish dishes.

This quantity should serve six.

What You Will Need
3 mangoes,
3 avocados
3 roma tomatoes
3 tomatillos
3 scallions
1 or 2 jalapeno
zest and juice of 1 lime
salt and fresh black pepper
½ cup of fresh oregano leaves
extra virgin olive oil

What To Do Now
Cut the mangoes in half, avoiding the fibrous centre and large seed. Turn the skins inside out and score the flesh and then slice away from the skin into a bowl. Cut the avocados in half and twist to separate from the seed. Put the blade of a knife into the seed and twist to remove it. Score the flesh inside the skins, then slide the edge of the knife blade between the skin and the flesh and turn into the bowl. Dress immediately with the lime juice to prevent discolouration.

Seed and dice the roma tomatoes. Dice the tomatillo or if they are small just cut them in half. Into the bowl. Chop the scallion whites roughly. Sliver the greens into 2 or 3 inch thin fronds. Reserve the slivers for garnish and pop the chopped white ends into the bowl. Dice the jalapeno and chop the oregano leaves. Into the bowl. Add a few drops of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and then toss gently. Garnish with the scallion slivers.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.