Also, an interesting note on the above-mentioned weapon: It is also known as the Zeropoint Cannon.

This is a reference to zero point energy, as the cannon makes use of real-life (although questionable and scientifically unproven) Hutchinson Effect, which is a very complex way of saying that it makes stuff hover using space energy.

The Zeropoint Cannon is not to be confused with the Zeropoint Gun, a smaller Half-Life 2 weapon of similar design, which can pick up and swing stuff around at long-range. It can also glue objects together with an effect akin to static cling. This gun also makes use of properties of the Hutchinson Effect.

These weapons can be differentiated by the colour of the energy effects they use. The Manipulator is orange, while the other is blue.

Manipulator is a 2014 album from Ty Segall, arguably the best in his catalog which is quite a lengthy one at that.  Wikipedia wants to label Mr. Segall psych rock, garage rock, or glam rock but perhaps what makes Manipulator such a great album is it really just sounds like good old fashioned rock’n’roll. Right off the bat, “Tall Man Skinny Lady” is a personal fan favorite. For the longest time I heard the line “try to cure my soul” as “tried to kill myself,” read into that what you will.  Toward the end, “Who’s Producing You” is an aptly titled and bitching track (Ty Segall recently helped produce another good album by four cute ladies in Seattle by the name of La Luz, the album is Weirdo Shrine). At 56 minutes long, Ty Segall has deftly done with Manipulator what seems more and more like a rarity in the days of Spotify and streaming, made a reasonably long album that’s a good summer ride from start to finish. 

Ma*nip"u*la`tor (?), n.

One who manipulates

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.