Yet another day at work. Another boring, monotonous day. At least it wasn't hellish like it has been.

Today in class we started looking at ASM. It was interesting how I was able to catch on to it despite the fact I spent most of lecture doodling.

It is too nice out
to write poetry today

not for lack of subject matter
- the world is still a terrible place

(genocidemultinational corporate tyrannyhuman rights violationsmass extinctionsmall arms proliferationrapeantibiotic-resistant bacteriawage inequity
and right now
right now
a parent
is telling their child
"because I say so!")

but the sun is out,
people are smiling
buying
doing their best
to bring more people into this world
(do they know something I don't?)

so like a lizard on a hot rock
sucking my lolly,
I renew my concern for creature comforts;
like a frog in a pot
on a stove
I feel no need
to move.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

rewind | forward

My husband and I had to take our toddler out for medical appointments today. Our son had a physical therapy evaluation, plus he had to have blood samples drawn for some testing his neurologist wants done. The evaluation went better than we had hoped for, but drawing any type of sample from our little guy is never easy. Not only is this hard on our son, but it's painful for me as a parent to have to watch him go through all the many tests and proceedures he's had in his short life.
Went to breakfast with my team this morning - an event which further proved the profound lameness of the division that I'm in and those in ostensible charge. At the last minute they had me check if the restaurant took AmEx, and if they were open. One of us is leaving for a different job w/i the company, so they make a last minute plan for breakfast but can't even get their act together enough to see if they take AmEx until 10 minutes beforehand. With almost everything that happens, I think "This is the pinnacle of lameness," but no. They keep hitting new highs.

The guy who is leaving gave me a tiny, stuffed Guy Smiley. I told him "This is the coolest thing I've ever seen."

Aside from that, I went with a friend to look at something in surf wear store. There was a guy in a long beige coat, long brown hair that hadn't seen a shower in a few days, and pants rolled up a few times at the cuff. He was making an ass of himself talking to this stupid little blonde girl with bad teeth. He told her that they (the girls) were in the "yuppie" crowd or something, that he didn't move in those circles. He asked her what year she was (sophomore) and what she was going to do for the rest of the day (errands). Then they all left but I saw him pass in front of the store again with some other guy, just spazzing over the whole thing. He was a fucking idiot, but I like watching guys watch girls. They think that they're invisible. I'd rather not see them obliterate their dignity, but that happens as well.

My David Eggers book came in the mail: 'A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.' Buy it. Buy one for everyone you know.

Stayed at work 20 minutes before I gave up. Cramps. Heather was condescending and dismissive. I walked to my car bent over. Got home and looked at the bag of weed for a long time, trying to deal with the smell coming through the plastic before I even thought about rolling a joint. It is not a joyful joint when you have to pull up an empty trashcan in case of puking.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.