A Nintendo video game for the Super Famicom released in 1993, but only in Japan. This game had no USA release. It's a puzzle game with a little bit of action thrown in. The premise is that Mario's nemesis Wario has thrown a bucket over his head, blinding him. Mario needs help to get to Luigi who can remove the bucket, and that's where you come in. Your job is to manuever the Fairy (using your Super NES mouse) and bash the blocks, baddies, etc. with your magic wand. Mario will walk aimlessly around the level by himself and you have to keep him from falling on to spikes, into pits, and other dangers.

There are varying difficulty levels, each represented by a different character in the role of buckethead. Mario is the average character, Peach is for beginners, and Yoshi is for advanced players. The difficulty is related to how fast the characters walk, which means for faster characters (like Yoshi) you have less time to react to the hazards in a level. Hazards that can befall your chosen hero in each level include spikes, pits, members of the Koopa Troop, water, and other such obstacles.

The bucket makes a cameo in Super Smash Bros. Melee for GameCube as one of the trophies. As for the game itself I'd imagine it's near impossible to find in the USA, but the ROM is floating around on the Internet. Some versions of it have been cracked to allow the controller to act as the mouse. The game is a fun diversion, but does not capture that signature Mario magic.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.