Mark Frost (November 25, 1953 —) is a prolific novelist, television writer, screenwriter, documentarian, executive producer and director. He is is best known for his collaboration with director David Lynch, as their Lynch/Frost Productions company created the cult TV series Twin Peaks (1990-1991, 2017) and the feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992), the TV documentary series American Chronicles which Frost directed as well as wrote, and the short-lived sitcom On the Air. He is the son of actor Warren Frost (1925—2017) who played the character Dr. Will Hayward in the Twin Peaks franchise.

His career as a TV writer began after he completed his BFA at Carnegie Mellon University and went to work with Steven Bochco at Universal Pictures, where in 1975 he penned episodes for such series as Lucas Tanner, Sunshine, and The Six Million Dollar Man. Frost later moved to PBS to write, produce and direct documentaries. Notable among his work for public television is The Road Back, a documentary about a rehabilitation program for juvenile felons. He returned to commercial television in 1982, writing episodes for Hill Street Blues and The Equalizer.

Frost made the transition from TV to features with his screenplays for a good horror film directed by John Schlesinger entitled The Believers (1987) and a bad horror film, Scared Stiff (1987). He directed and co-wrote the feature film Storyville (1992) and co-wrote both Fantastic Four (2005) and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007). His novels include "The List of Seven" and "The Six Messiahs", both fiction based on the life of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Paladin Prophecy" trilogy, and two works based on the Twin Peaks storyline. He is also the author of four non-fiction books about golf and baseball.

300

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.