Best known for its "King of Clubs" cheddar cheese spread, the Mars' Cheese Castle is a tourist oriented shop located next to I-94 in Kenosha, Wisconsin. It's a rather ugly building with a huge sign on top, but for people who love fattening food it's a wonderful place. The Castle includes the following:

  • Cheese shop (DUH!)
  • Bar
  • Bakery
  • Fast food restaurant
  • Beer and wine
  • Gift shop
  • Art gallery
  • Self-storage sheds (I have no idea how this fits in.)

The cheese shop sells all of your common cheeses such as cheddar, swiss, edam, brick, and colby, most are made in Wisconsin. They also have more interesting creations such as "salsa jack", which can be used to make incredible grilled cheese sandwiches. Imported cheeses can be found here as well, including a fine selection from Europe. Sausage is available in abundance, including beer salami shaped like bottles of Miller Lite and Miller Genuine Draft. If chocolate is your thing, they've got that covered as well. My personal favorite is Scharffen Berger 70% cocoa bars.

The bar is a good place to watch a Green Bay Packers game and suck down some Old Style or Miller. Most of the patrons are locals.

The bakery has chocolate chip cookies and such, but that's not why you go to Mars' Cheese Castle. Elephant ears and kringles are the way to go. And get some kolacky while you're at it.

Now for the restaurant: get the reuben with German style potato salad and your favorite soft drink. Enjoy.

The beer and wine department carries some of the smaller Wisconsin brews like Sprecher as well as German wines and a large selection of fruit wines from Door County.

The gift shop is pure Wisconsin. If you just have to have one of those silly cheesehead hats, this is as good a place as any to buy one.

I haven't looked around the art gallery recently, but I remember there being lots of Native American art the last time.

I know nothing about the self-storage sheds.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.