Marhsmallow Duel is a two-player action game for DOS. It's feature-set includes VGA graphics, PC Speaker sound, and the kind of gameplay that laughs directly in the face of all that is 3D, promptly sucking you in and a friend in like so many black holes.

Upon starting up the game (and flicking through the menu) you are presented with a 2D arena with various platforms and ladders (pseudo-randomly placed each time), and a pool of deadly marshmallow below. The objective of the game is to eliminate your opponent by any, and every, means possible.

Control involves a strange combination of keys; each player having 5 keys at either end of the keyboard. Each key corresponds to a direction, except for one which is the action key. The action key activates power-ups, which are generated by a, um, power-up generator at the top of screen.
With power-ups at hand, and your mighty platforming skills, you maneuver your valliant, and agile, marshmallow duelist to dunk, destroy or de-materialize your opponent. Your opponents pitiful life can be ended in the following ways

  • Knocking, tripping, pushing, tricking the other player into the lethal marshmallow that awaits below
  • Applying the offensive power-ups to said friend e.g the gun
  • Pushing them into a 'death power-up', which kills anyone upon contact
  • Be a talentless git and mash their keys/fingers so they loose control and are forced to hurt you for being so very very lame (but you win the round...)
Definitely one of the best 2-player games available, along with Gravity Power and Wibbles 2, another pair of unsung heroes in the world of gaming.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.