I came for a good cause...

Masturbation is a glorious part of our human capacity to enjoy sexual pleasure. Most people masturbate. Yet we live in a sex negative culture that maligns masturbation and ridicules masturbators. At Come As You Are, we want to change all that.

Celebrated on National Masturbation Day (Canada: May 16), the Masturbate-A-Thon is held every year in Toronto. Now in its 6th year, the event is sponsored by Come as You Are, Canada's first co-operatively-run sex toy, book and video store, and raises money for non profit organizations that promote sexual health. Last year, proceeds went to Voices of Positive Women, an organization which provides free and confidential support to HIV positive women. In 2004, proceeds will go to sex worker rights organizations Maggie's (Toronto) and Stella's (Montréal).

The Masturbate-A-Thon is a one of a kind fundraiser that encourages participants to enjoy a full day of solo sex and raises funds for important women's health organizations. We're sure its the most fun you'll ever have with philanthropy.

The event runs on the honour system and anyone can participate. Simply collect pledges from friends, family and coworkers for each minute you engage in hot and steamy self love on the day of the event. Then lock yourself in and jerk off to your heart's content, all the while raising money for a good cause. Its that simple. Top fundraisers are given special prizes from the co-op.

For more information and to download pledge forms, go here
http://www.comeasyouare.com/index.cfm?&FA=News.Masturbate-a-Thon

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.