The jazzy alien house band found in the palace of Jabba the Hutt. They sometimes go by the name The Rebo Twelve. They are led by a blue elephant-like alien keyboardist named Max Rebo. Sy Snootles is on vocals. Droopy McCool is on horn. Originally a trio, they became a dodecette(?) (like 12 people) when, as the back story goes, McCool successfully lobbied Max to beef up the band and add 9 more musicians. In actual fact, the band was 3 members in the original version of Return of the Jedi but when Lucas released the special edition he added more CGI aliens to the band, making them the Rebo Twelve.

Added were back-up vocalists/dancers Lyn Me, Rystáll, and Greeata. The horn section was expanded to include Barquin D'an and Doda Bodonawieedo. A futuristic harmonica player was added named Rappertunie. On, errr, percussions one finds Ak-rev and Umpass-stay. Joining Sy Snootles at the mike is Joh Yowza.

Before becoming the Max Rebo band and the Rebo Twelve, they were originally fronted by an alien named Evar Orbus. Alas, he was killed in a contractual dispute and Max took the lead. They were not entirely successful until they auditioned for Jabba the Hutt. Jabba liked them so much he offered them a life time contract (little did they know that would mean a rather short engagement). Apparently the band is paid with food -- all they can eat. Max Rebo, whose primary skill is playing the Red Ball Jett Organ and not contract negotiations, was the one who signed the deal with Jabba.

They're best known for their hits "Lapti Nek" (the song Sy Snootles sings in the original version) and "Jedi Rocks" (the new number in the special edition).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.