Very well produced, but short-lived magazine about Sega Mega Drive games, and later included Sega 32X and Mega CD.

Edited by Neil West and Published by Future Publishing as a response to Emap's Megatech. The four 'official' staff members were Neil West (ex-Sega Power), Andy Dyer (ex-Commodore Format), Paul Mellerick (Sega Force/ZZap! 64) and Amanda Cook (Sega Power).

The reviews were well detailed, truthful and honest, even if the true writer wasn't always credited. Other features included indepth news, previews, interviews, tips section and a controversial Top 100 section.

Late in 1994 Future Publishing sold Mega onto Maverick Magazines. Maverick stated in their October 1994 edition that they wanted to cover the Mega Drive specific area. Future, however, probably wanted to make a quick sale as the Mega Drive sales were declining at that time.

Neil West has since crossed the atlantic to help launch the well respected US magazine Next Generation, holding the title Chief-in-editor. Has also been seen taking care of garbageband.com.

Andy Dyer, along with Steve Jarratt, launched the Nintendo magazine Total!

Paul Mellerick and Amanda Cook have both been seen in other Future Publishing titles... Sega Power, Amiga Power etc.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.