Mena Adrienne Suvari was born February 9, 1979 in Newport Rhode Island to Estonian parents. Her mother, Candice, was a nurse, while her father, Ando, was a psychiatrist. Mena is named after her Egyptian godmother. Mena attended middle school at an all-girls school, Ashley Hall, in Charleston, South Carolina, because her family had moved to the area while her older brothers where in military school; all three older brothers attened the Citadel.

At the age of 12, Mena attended her first model convention and was signed to a contract with the Wilhelmina agency based out of New York. After two years of modeling for Whilhelmina, including a comercial for Rice-a-Roni, her parents moved out to California to help their new starlet advance her career. While in California, she attended Providence High School in Burbank.

Soon after moving to L.A., Suvari started working in TV with guest appearances on Boy Meets World, ER, and Chicago Hope. Her first movie was Nowhere in 1997. She appeared in several other movies but it was not until she was in American Pie and American Beauty that her career really took off.

Actor Filmography

  1. Nowhere (1997)
  2. Kiss the Girls (1997)
  3. Slums of Beverly Hills (1998)
  4. Snide and Prejudice (1998)
  5. THe Rage: Carrie 2 (1998)
  6. Atomic Train (1999)
  7. American Pie (1999)
  8. American Beauty (1999)
  9. American Virgin (2000)
  10. Loser (2000)
  11. Sugar & Spice (2001)
  12. American Pie 2 (2001)
  13. The Musketeer (2001)
  14. Spun (2002)


Information for this node was taken from http://ads.adorigin.com/?DC=CHUCKEE+120x600+WOP&DH=Y&TARGET=_new and www.imdb.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.