Music: The one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.
Ludwig van Beethoven, Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Sagittarius

Mercury in Sagittarius is in it's detriment. Mercury doesn't function well here because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter. Mercury likes the details, Jupiter likes the big picture.

People with Mercury in Sagittarius have a Jovian view of life. They are fun, outgoing and have faith that everything will work out in the end. These people have a dry sense of humor and an engaging wit. They are interested in large social issues, but are not often good at detail work needed to make their dreams a reality. Part of the problem is that they have so many interests they cannot keep track of them all. Their minds need disapline, not more information, which is another reason why Mercury in Sagittarius can be so difficult to live with. If these people can learn to focus their intellect and follow just one train of thought at a time they can become an authority on their field of choice.

These people love to travel. The expression the world is their oyster comes to mind whenever I encounter people with Mercury in Sagittarius. Exploring the world and its people is one of their favorite hobbies. Discussion of different philosophies, religions and cultures can go on for hours. These people love to talk! As Jupiter rules higher education, philosophy and religion, people with Mercury in Sagittarius feel most at home in academia. As these people age they run the risk of becoming dogmatic, pedantic and moralizing.

Mercury in Scorpio || Mercury in Capricorn

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.