Transforms from city to battle station to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: METROPLEX

FUNCTION: BATTLE STATION
"Vigilance is the foundation on which victories are built."

Startlingly versatile, staggeringly strong, the Autobot's last line of defense...a mighty instrument of titanic destructive force. Extremely modest about his achievements...berates himself for not doing more. In robot mode, he can lift 70,000 tons, has shoulder-mounted twin high-energy maser cannons and omni-directional receiving and transmitting antenna. In city mode, has helipad and fully equipped repair bays that can handle four vehicles at once. Left rear tower transforms into tank, Slammer, who has rocket-propelled mortar cannon. Scamper is sports car with side mounted electro-blasters; transforms into robot, uses high-energy particle beam pistol. Six-Gun is small robot, has ion-pulse rifles for arms, twin surface-to-air guided missile launchers on back, acetylene pistol. In battle station mode, uses all these weapons and twin disrupter rays, laser lances, powerful anti-matter projectors.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 2
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 8
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 10
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


I always liked reading Metroplex's tech spec over and over again to try and digest the complete list of weaponry he came with. The toy was huge, with lots of sticky-outy bits that made him look incredibly cool. His collection of "sidekick" robots became normal for the city toys--the Scamper car was there so that you always had something to drive in and out of his garage, the Slammer tank turned into an antenna in city mode, and the guns and helipad tower combined into Six-Gun in city or robot mode. But in battle station mode, you needed all the guns you could get. You just did.

The "transforming" Autobot City got shown in the movie, but it only looked vaguely like Metroplex himself (astute fans noticed one gun turret looked exactly like the Slammer tank). Metroplex and his counterpart, Trypticon, were introduced in "Five Faces of Darkness" and reappeared to beat the tar out of each other in occasional episodes thereafter. His resale value on eBay isn't as high as you'd expect, however. The greatest demand is for the Headmaster cities Scorponok and Fortress Maximus.

Also, a nickname for the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area of Texas, e.g. the DFW Metroplex.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.