INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 flour tortillas
  • one large onion, diced
  • approx. two tablespoons of vegetable oil (for frying)
  • one red pepper, diced
  • one green pepper, diced
  • 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • one small tin sweetcorn, drained
  • one jar jalapeno peppers, drained
  • one large tin (approx 350g) refried beans
  • one large jar ( approx. 250g) Hot Salsa
  • approx. 250g grated cheddar cheese and/or monteray jack cheese
  • WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM:

    These "Mexican" pizzas are a tasty and easier alternative to homemade pizza; Easier because you don't have to spend precious time making the dough for pizza bases, waiting for it to prove, and rolling it out for the pizza base. They are also very tasty indeed, and spicier than their Italian originals.

    Heat a very small amount of oil in a frying pan, just enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Fry each tortilla lightly on each side and place in a warm oven to keep warm until all the tortillas have been fried. Sandwich two tortillas together with a thin spreading of refried beans on the bottom tortilla. This will form the pizza base.

    When all four of the pizza bases have been prepared, spread each base with a generous layer of spicy salsa. Top each pizza with some of the diced onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn and jalapenos. Smother each pizza generously with grated cheese.

    Place the pizzas in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.

    Serves 4 people.

    Serve with chunky potato wedges and delicious easy-to-make homemade salsa.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.