A fictional world created by author Raymond E. Feist in his Riftwar series of books and further explored in the Riftwar Legacy and Serpentwar series. It is also linked to the world of Kelewan from the Empire trilogy written by Feist and Janny Wurts.

The world of Midkemia consists of two known continents. The first is Triagia which consists of a smaller land mass in the north linked to a larger land mass in the south. The northern land mass consists of the Thunderhell Steppes to the far north and below that, separated by mountains is the Kingdom of the Isles. Far to the east of the northern landmass are what are collectively known as the Eastern Kingdoms - Latagore, Bardac's Holdfast, County Conar, the Lands of the Ordon, the Duchy of Farmida, High Reaches, the Duchy of Olasko and the six parts of the Lords of the Border.

The northern and southern landmasses are joined by a narrow strip of land which is nominally part of the Kingdom, but often contested with its southern neighbour, Kesh. The Empire of Great Kesh controls the far larger southern portion of the contient of Triagia, although its grip upon the Keshian Confederacy of nations to the far south is often tenuous.

To the far west of Triagia is the continent of Novindus, which is roughly teardrop shaped and divided into three sections by two pairs of north-south mountain ranges. There are no kingdoms here, only competing city-states.

The stories themselves are epic high fantasy in the mold of Tolkien. As well as humans, the land is populated by elves - the eledhel (light elves), moredhel (dark elves) and glamredhel (mad or chaos elves) - dwarves, dragons and other trappings of heroic fantasy - after all, Feist originally created Midkemia as a role-playing game campaign world and then later used it for his stories.

There is a pantheon of dieties which people worship, such as Banath (thievery), Lims-Kragma (death), Prandur (fire), Sung (purity) or Killian (the sea). Whilst priests can call upon their gods for magic, there also exist magicians in Midkemia, although they are not common and are often feared by normal people.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.