Mike Cameron wore a Pepsi shirt during Coca-Cola day at his Evans, Georgia, high school. This act of expression earned him a suspension. Luckily, this gained a lot of attention and made people think about the growing problem of corporations starting to enter the public school system. In the future, when government funding worsens, it won't be long until Ronald McDonald is teaching our children about McHistory. Thanks to people like Mike for seeing how things really are, maybe we can help slow the progress.

Where is this kid now? Some additional notes on the original Coke/Pepsi story --

Cameron was busted in 1998 for wearing a Pepsi shirt on "Coke in Education Day". The "coke day" was part of his high school's effort to win a $500 local contest run by the Coca-Cola Bottling Co. in Augusta, GA. The prize is awarded to the school that came up with the most creative way to distribute Coke coupons to students. The students also had the chance to win up to $10,000 in a national version of the same contest.

As a Pepsi rep said at the time,

"Without knowing all the details, it sounds like Mike's obviously a trend setter with impeccable taste in clothes."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.