Romantic novel publishing house who produced unchallenging pulp fiction for bored housewives. Brought you Barbara Cartland and unrealistic aspirations in life for many milliions of women. The name can be used as an adjective for something that is overly romanitic.

A typical plot would go along the lines of:-

Jessica was a slim, pretty, business woman of today....
....argument with existing boyfriend....
...meets tall, dark, handsome, sporty stranger who she depises...
...he acts masterfully...
...she swoons....
..he has girlfriend...
...she is a bitch....
...he dumps girlfriend and marries Jessica...
...the jump into bed and make perfect love...

The last bit is sprinkled into the plot line a bit more liberally in more modern novels.

You have forgotten the most important ingredient in any trashy romance novel. The climax of the novel is always the predictable fight and temporary separation plotline.

...Jessica has a seemingly disastrous argument with dark, handsome, sporty boyfriend.
...They make up in time for the last chapter, so that the perfect love can be made yet again, this time even more passionate and with delicate sprinklings of penis euphemisms here and there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.