in the details of all the science.

He is very interested in where the morality of it meets human imagination (and mostly commerce, of course), but understanding the interconnected bits of logic and proof and uncontaminated thinking is not him at his best.

This cannot be said to be a failure for the want of (his) imagination however. He is transported (and easily and in his own daze) upon hearing how a teaspoon of dark matter weighs (in earth money) many thousands of tons, but still. But still he is disconnected from deep space during the day to day moments and these are matters he finds it hard to find the proper significance in.

Mister Chu is by no means at this point a religious man, but he couldn’t help but be suddenly, scientifically, awake while thinking about this business of the sky at night and how some of the stars a person can see have in actuality already long ago burnt out and all that is now visible is the last of their light still leaking across the huge distances between us.

And in considering the logistics of this proposition, it settled comfortably and clearly into the center of his simplified mind that this might be a meaningful explanation as regards God:

Perhaps He (God) had been previously about the place at one time or another (and by no means had that been a necessarily celestial place in its location), but had long since disappeared, perhaps very literally run out of energy, but the sparkly light that people still see is His remainder as yet unextinguished. A religious iridescence on the inside of hopeful retinas.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.