A super-hero created by Jack Kirby and published by DC Comics.

Three men have worked under the name of Mister Miracle. The first was Thaddeus Brown, a human escape artist. Working in the circus with his friend Oberon, Brown was an accomplished escape artist and during his time in the circus, he met Scott Free. Soon after their meeting, Brown was killed by the villain Steel Hand, Free adopted Brown's former identity as Mister Miracle and avenged his friend's death. Free then took over Brown's stage act.

Scott Free is the son of Izaya, the Highfather of the planet New Genesis. New Genesis and another planet Apokolips were at war and the leaders of the two worlds exchanged sons in an effort to bring peace in the conflict. Hence, Scott Free was raised on Apokolips under the care of Granny Goodness, at the command of the planet's leader Darkseid. Granny Goodness sought to mold Free in the image of Darkseid, but Free's spirit would not be broken. During this time, Free and the head of Darkseid's Female Furies, Big Barda fell in love. Eventually, Free, with the help of others, escaped Apokolips and traveled to Earth. There he met Thaddeus Brown and adopted the identity of Mister Miracle.

Free and Barda were married and tried to settle into a "normal" life, but the forces of Darkseid constantly harrassed the young couple. Eventually, Free joined the hero group, the Justice League of America. Free was a member of the group for a number of years, eventually deciding that the time was right to retire as Mister Miracle. Free began to search for someone to replace him in the role and a young human named Shilo Norman was chosen for the role. Equipping him with the gadgets Free had used for years, Norman began to work as the new Mister Miracle. Shortly after that, Free and Barda moved to New Genesis to begin a life on Free's native planet.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.