Mo Willems is a children's author and illustrator with some of the most unique books of the last decade. Willems has been awarded two Caldecott Honors for his picture books Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! and Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale and six Emmys for his work on Sesame Street. He grew up in New Orleans, LA, and as a teenager dreamed of being a stand-up comic. He attended New York University as a film student, where he discovered the art of animation.

Mo began his career writing for television including Sesame Street. He also developed The Off-Beats for Nickelodeon and Sheep in the Big City for Cartoon Network. As well, he was head-writer for the cartoon Codename: Kids Next Door.

Willems is the creator of several innovative children's book series, most notably the Pigeon stories and his Elephant and Piggie series. Most of his books are aimed at early readers. His illustrations are also fairly simple, and he likes to color outside of the lines.

Willems also has one book for adults, You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When it Monsoons, a book of cartoons he wrote while backpacking around the world in 1991, and released by Hyperion Press in 2006.

He lives in a remodeled factory that once housed the Marcraft Novelty Manufacturing Co. in Brooklyn, New York. He is currently considered the best-selling and most published author living in Brooklyn.

Plus, add this to the reasons to consider Mo Willems cool: He once traveled across France, by foot, with his father.

Books by Mo:

Thanks to:

http://www.mowillems.com
http://www.pigeonpresents.com/
http://www.walkerbooks.co.uk/Mo-Willems

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.