One big fucking mountain, also see Olympus.

Olympus is normally associated with Mount Olympus in Thessaly, the highest mountain in Greece, but mythologically is allegedly a divine area far above the earth where the twelve ancient Greek gods and goddesses lived.

Apparently Zeus would stand on the highest peak of Olympus to talk to his other god chums, (I suppose he didn't get a signal downstairs) and he could do pretty much anything he wanted with earth. Olympus is home even to those gods who don't live there regularly, and when summoned by that pretentious, raping thunder dude, they'd have to show up pretty quick.

Olympus' high-end security system consisted of a gate of clouds, with some chick goddesses called the Seasons guarding it and inside, the gods would party all night downing ambrosia and nectar while jiving to the groovy cool tunes of Apollo's lyre, not to forget those sweet, sexy, I-could-hump-you-all-night-long muses.

So saying, Minerva, goddess azure-eyed,
Rose to Olympus, the reputed seat
Eternal of the gods, which never storms
Disturb, rains drench, or snow invades,
but calm
The expanse and cloudless shines with
purest day.
There the inhabitants divine rejoice
For ever."

- The Odyssey by Homer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.