The truly disgusting and obese diner in Part VI ("The Autumn Years") of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, who is throwing up almost constantly and finally explodes. Shooting the scene required the construction of a special vomit catapult. Mr Creosote was played by Terry Jones. There is no obvious reason for the name Creosote.

After not Noel Coward has done his The Penis Song, Mr Creosote arrives and is greeted by an obsequious and unflappable maître d' (John Cleese), who enquires after his health. "Better...", says Mr Creosote, which pleases the maître d', though Mr Creosote continues with, "Better get a bucket, I'm going to throw up." Throughout the sequence, as more and more vomit cascades over the floor, table, and menu, the maître d' efficiently arranges for more buckets and cleaning staff, and is only a little put out once, when he realizes, "Oh dear. I have trodden in monsieur's bucket."

Monsieur is offered a choice of the most delicate and refined dishes the restaurant has to offer: "moules marinières, pâté de foie gras, beluga caviar, eggs Benedictine, tarte de poireaux—that's leek tart—frogs' legs amandine or œufs de caille Richard Shepherd - c'est à dire, little quails' eggs on a bed of puréed mushrooms, it's very delicate, very subtle..."

Monsieur decides to have them all, mixed up in a bucket with fried eggs on top and a double helping of pâté. For apéritifs he has six bottles of Château Latour 1945, a double jeroboam of champagne, and half a dozen crates of brown ale (half his usual allowance).

As other guests begin to leave in a hurry, or throw up, Mr Creosote finishes the lot. The maître d' approaches him with one final offering: a wafer-thin mint. Creosote tells him to fuck off, he's full, but the smooth maître d' entices him by telling him how tiny and thin it is; then leaps for cover as Mr Creosote forces it in, which causes him to explode in a torrent of vomit and body parts.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.