A salt-free blend of 14 herbs and spices, with no calories, fat, sodium, or protein, and only 1 g of carbohydrates per 1/2 tsp.

Back when I first moved to the US, I was stationed as a priest in a small town in Western Pennsylvania. Every Sunday the Pastor and I went for lunch in the house of one of our parishioners (the same one every Sunday).

She always served the same dish, a juicy hamburger. The first time I came, she asked me if I wanted Mrs. Dash on my burger. I had no idea what it was, so I asked.

She just said it was a salt substitute. I was young, healthy, and not into the good-for-you stuff, so I declined and asked for the salt.

Couple of weeks later, overcome by curiosity, I asked her to put some Mrs. Dash on my burger, just so I know how it tastes.

Wow! What a difference that made! It truly brought out the best in flavor. Ever since then I asked her to use it, not for health reasons but because of the good taste it created.

Also ever since then, Mrs. Dash has always been in my cupboard. I add to almost everything I cook (except the sweet stuff, e.g., pancakes).

It brings out the flavor in most dishes. And it is good for you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.