I was fairly proud of my ability (which required super human powers of course) to ride a bike when I was just a tyke. None of the other kids could ride bikes yet (their feet couldn't reach the pedals, but I was tall), and I took advantage of every time my mom asked if I wanted to go the park for a bike ride.

So one day my mom offered, and we went on a bike ride in Washington Park. I snapped on my helmet, put my feet on the pedals and started off like a bat out of hell. Thinking I was so cool, I would hum the childhood equivalent of Spy Break. I snickered as the younger kids on the playground stared in awe at my pedaling fury.

I was enjoying myself to say the least, when my mom called from behind and asked if I was doing alright. I looked back and waved with a smile on my face.

WHACK!

I should've been watching where I was going instead of looking back at my mother. I went straight into a tree. My mom came running over, worried that I might be injured. My knee was bleeding a little, and I scraped my arm. No permanent damage. However, the kids on the playground were no longer staring in admiration, they were laughing at me. I was disturbed, and decided to vent my anger at my mother.

"Are you alright honey?!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?! I'M OVER HERE AND MY BIKE'S OVER THERE!."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.