I used to have a great view of a crappy part of town, until a few months ago. Some jerk, who turns out to be the uncle of a friend of mine, has built his house directly in front of my bedroom window. I'm amazed at how close it is, really. The two windows that are ridiculously close to mine look to be bedrooms, but it's hard to tell at the moment, since they're not furnished. Yesterday there was a little girl in one of the rooms. She was wearing a pink sun dress, had bows in her blonde hair and was dancing to whatever crappy pop music was "in" that day. I was watching her, mainly out of curiousity, and then suddenly I was overcome by a wave of disgust. I felt like the real-life Humbert Humbert, I felt like one of those guys that sets up a telescope so he can see that lady across the street (who doesn't close the blinds) while she's in the shower.

Before the house was built there, no-one could see into my window, so I had free license to do what I liked in there. I'd stand in front of my window while naked, dance like a fool for my invisible audience, and spending some quality time alone (nudge nudge, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat). It makes me so angry to know that this guy has destroyed that freedom of mine without even so much as thinking of it. And to think, that if I continue to act as I've always done now that they can see into my bedroom, I'd be the one to get in trouble. If I watch her, it's voyeurism, but when she watches me it's my fault for being there.

So I can either stop going near or looking through my window, or become a creepy voyeur.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.