Did you know that porn sites outnumber every other type of site on the 'Net by far? Did you know this is so because the interest is there, due to anonymity and availability? Did you know that if you set up a porn site on a weak server, the traffic to your site will knock your server into oblivion within a couple hours?

There is already this demand for porn. There are already people who want to see it and go online to look for it. There are *plenty* of these folks and I'm sure they drum up a lucrative business for those with porn sites. WHY is it, then, that these people find it necessary to spam my mailbox with invitations to see porn? They don't need my business! And I certainly am not interested! If I was, I think I could find their sites on my own. I don't need them sent to me personally.

The strangest thing about it is that I think most of the people who send me porn mail actually know I don't want it. Or at least, they assume that I have to be tricked into opening it. So they write me e-mail with a subject such as "It's me!" or "I've missed you!" as if they are an old friend of mine. Of course, if I open it, it says "BARELY LEGAL! TEENS TEENS TEENS XXX!" or something. Or inside they have their smutty porno ad and then a little thing at the bottom that says "to unsubscribe, click here." Which also takes you to the porn site. WHY would someone seeking to UNSUBSCRIBE wish to go to the porn site? Do they think that once we're there, we'll take a look around and decide, "Hey, naked chicks flashing their naughty bits ain't as bad as I thought!"? Oh, right.

Here are some amusing subject lines I have gotten that turned out to be porn:

  • Hey, remember me?
  • You left without saying goodbye. :(
  • Your profile!!
  • I finally got an e-mail address!
  • You made me so mad yesterday!
  • Are you bored, lonely, and tired?
  • Off to the races
  • Hey, I saw you in the chat room . . .
  • Wanna chat?
  • Here's my pic :)~~~

Imagine my surprise when I open a mail with subject "Wanna chat?" and am confronted with "1000S OF TEENS YOU NAME IT WE DO IT 100S OF SEXUAL POSITIONS ANY WAY YOU LIKE IT TEEN EXTRAVAGANZA LESBIANS ****CLICK HERE**** DON'T MISS IT!!!!!" Um...I just wanted to chat, sorry.

Anyway, it seems the porn business is fine without my patronage. But here's something disturbing, an e-mail I received from someone I don't know suggesting I get into porn an entirely different way. (Complete address not revealed, to protect the stupid.)

In a message dated 10/18/1999 3:19:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wha@hotmail.com writes:

    How bout some photos with a few less clothes on? Looks like you have a pretty naughty mind!

And did I reply? Need you ask?

In a message dated 10/18/1999 4:55:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SwankiVY2 writes:

    Excuse me??

    If you want pornography and scantily clad women, I doubt you really need it on my site. Sites full of just the sort of pictures you would like are only the most plentiful thing on the Internet.

    As far as the "naughty mind" sort of thing goes, I don't know what you're basing it on. I fail to see where anything on my site gives you the impression that I should pose nude and advertise it.

And that, my friends, is that.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.