National Council of Intellectual Property Law Associations
(United States of America)

The National Council of Intellectual Property Law Associations (NCIPLA) is an organization of more than 50 local, regional and national intellectual property law associations, whose goal is to assist its member associations to act as an effective force for the advancement of this country’s system for the ownership and development of intellectual property.

It was in part the effort and leadership of the Council which produced the present Lanham Trademark Act of 1946 and the present patent statute, Title 35 of the United States Code, enacted in 1952.

The Council has the following unique capabilities:

  • The Council provides a vehicle for direct communication between Congress and members of the patent profession from coast to coast, enabling member associations to present grass-roots views on intellectual property matters to their respective members of Congress.
  • The Council provides a forum for member associations to work with the Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks and the Register of Copyrights.
  • The Council provides a potent means for local associations, through their Representatives to the Council, to gain support for their own views and proposals.

Member organizations include the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Intellectual Property Owners Association, the Silicon Valley IP Association and various other state and local Patent Law or Intellectual Property organizations.


References:

Website: National Council of Intellectual Property Law Associations (http://www.ncipla.org/)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.