Nebuchadnezzar I, King of Babylonian Empire from 1125 BC to 1104 BC, descended from Pashe Dynasty, also known as second Isin Dynasty. His dynasty held the throne until 1010 BC. Nebuchadnezzar I major accomplishment was uniting Babylonian lands by expelling the Elamite invaders. After establishing his empire’s borders, Babylon was in a perpetual conflict with the Assyrians.

Nebuchadnezzar II, reigned from 605 BC – 562 BC, descended from the Chaldean Dynasty. His fame is best known for his conquest of Judah and Jerusalem, his enormous buildings in the capital of Babylon, his position in the Book of Daniel, and his construction of the Hanging Gardens, according to legend, was built for his homesick wife.
"Nebuchadnezzar" is a large unit of volume of champagne.

The Nebuchadnezzar is a 15 liter champagne bottle. (That's equivalent to 20 typical 750ml bottles!)

Also a name for a traditional game in which the host, possessed of a wide variety of flavoured or infused vodkas, leaves the room whilst the guests decide upon a word (such as "Nebuchadnezzar" for a difficult example) and pour a glass with a drop from each bottle of vodka whose flavour's initial corresponds to a letter in the word (such as nutmeg, elderberry, blueberry, unripe tomato, lemon, cherry, hyssop, apple, damson, zubrovka, raspberry) and the host, upon his or her return, would taste the concoction and attempt to decipher the word, by recognising the flavours therein.

In the movie series The Matrix, the Nebuchadnezzar was a hovercraft used by the humans to combat the machine world.

The Nebuchadnezzar was built in the United States in the year 2069, according to the metal plate shown in the first movie. It is a Mark III version and was the eleventh unit to be constructed and brought into service.

The captain, Morpheus, and his crew (Apoc, Switch, Mouse, Trinity, Cypher, Dozer, and Tank) used the ship to search the Matrix for Neo, or the one who would be able to control the Matrix from within and allow the humans to survive.

The ship is beat up, well used, and is leaking grease all over the place. It reminded me of the old Perry-class guided missile frigates I used to ride around on with my helicopters back in my U.S. Navy days. Huge electromagnetic pads allowed the ship to hover and maneuver throughout the underground tunnels and, in the last movie of the series, through the air as Neo and Trinity traveled to the Machine City. For defense, the Nebuchadnezzar had multiple machine guns and an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that would destroy any machines in its blast radius. To use it the humans had to power down the ship to prevent destroying it. 

In the last movie, the Nebuchadnezzar was lost when it crashed after breaching the Machine City.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.