News of Norway is a free quarterly magazine published through the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Washington, DC. The magazine has 37,000 North American subscribers and contains news and event listings relating to Norway and of interest to Norwegian-Americans.

To give you an idea of a typical issue, the Spring 2010 issue was sixteen pages long and included:

  • Letter to the reader from Else Berit Eikeland, the Norwegian Ambassador to Canada.
  • "A pair of curling pants for King Harald"
  • "36,100 Norwegian waffle hearts served in Vancouver"
  • Various short articles on skiing's Norwegian heritage
  • Profiles of various Olympic medalists, Norwegian and North American.
  • Q&A with Congressman Keith Ellison, a member of the Friends of Norway Caucus in Congress.
  • "Ski for Light 2010", a charity cross-country skiing event for visually or mobility-impaired adults.
  • "Eat, Ski, and Shoot": an article about the cook who travels with the Norwegian Olympic team.
  • An interview with Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø, author of The Devil's Star, recently released in the United States.
  • A calendar of events across North America relating to Norway or Norwegian culture .


If you live in Canada or the United States, you can receive the magazine for free; just send an e-mail with your name and postal address to subscription@norway.org. You can also read the magazine online at http://www.norway.org/News_and_events/embassy/.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.