Transforms from sports car to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: NIGHTBEAT

FUNCTION: DETECTIVE
"Truth is revealed in the smallest detail."

Tough, no-nonsense type. Sometimes breaks rules in order to get what he wants. Works best when he works alone. As comfortable driving down a dark alley as he is on a well-lit, six-lane superhighway. Binary-bonded to Muzzle, a Nebulan private detective with an eye for detail. Carries two photon pistols and a plasma blaster with an infra-red sight. Also equipped with visual and audio sensors. Usually gets by with just cool-headed logic.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


Nightbeat, a stylized Porsche 930 Turbo, got a lot of attention in the Transformers comics starting with issue #62, when he and his fellow Headmasters Hosehead and Siren were searching for the Autobot Creation Matrix (a.k.a. the Matrix of Leadership). His role as a detective recurred a few more times before the comic book series was cancelled.

In the Japanese cartoon "Transformers: Masterforce", Nightbeat was one of the "Junior Headmasters" named Minerva. A recolored red-and-white version of Nightbeat was released in Japan with a similar name, "Minelba", and has the distinction of being the first manufactured female Autobot.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.