Due to an emergency in my family, the noder gathering portion of this event is cancelled. All donations collected will still be donated to the UAA this weekend and I promise that all of you who gave so very generously made a difference in a child's life.

If you live in the LA area I encourage you to go to the walk and have a great time - it is a worthy cause and a great excuse to get outside and have a good time, plus I heard Marky Mark will be there.

If you have any questions at all you can email me at kate@factgirl.com or /msg. I am truely sorry if I wrecked your weekend, thanks.

Some of you know and some of you don't know that I have a son who has autism.
Autism is a neurlogical disorder that used to be very rare but has been on the increase since the 1980's. There is currently no cure, and the best treatment is early intense intevention - which most families can't afford.
The United Autism Alliance has just broken away from the Autism Society of America (http://www.autism-society.org) so they dont have to charge membership dues to the families they help.

What: The United Autism Alliance 24th Annual Walk for Autism

Where: Griffith Park

When: June 8th, 2002
       Registration: 8am-9am
       Rally: 8:45-9am
       Walk begins at 9:15 (there will be a 1k and a 5k course)
       Carnival: 9:30-1pm

Want to learn more about the UAA? Visit www.unitedautismalliance.org . Team Everything2 Roll Call:

Factgirl
Sparkleface
Igloowhite
Dataknife + girlfriend
Slide*
grundoon
Quizro
claypenny
jasonm - "if enough people want to turn this into aparty type thing, so i can bum a couch overnight from someone or something, i might just be able to do this =)"
ocelotbob


Team Everything2 Sponsors (thank you!):

jethro bodine
graceness
misuba
atesh
my friend (anon.) mordel
plus 2 non-noders

Goal: $1000
Tally: $500

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.