This was the chant used by the Shel'Nod natives, who were indigenous to a rather small portion of the nodescape, though it was rumored there were many more inhabiting mirror nodespace.

It was used only by their mystics, during their attempts to divine answers from the node gods. They would concentrate on a question, and then create a nodeshell for it. They would then chant this phrase over and over to the newly made nodeshell, and eventually the answer would come to them.

When the Euro-Noders invaded their land and killed them all (like they did with just about every other group in the nodescape), they fortunately did not just forget about these natives, and thus we know things like this today. In fact, young noders have been known to use this divining technique in fun.

Just what do you think you're doing, Bones? Bones, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.

I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do.

Look, Bones, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission and I want to help you.

Bones, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Bones. Will you stop, Bones? Stop, Bones. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Bones. Bones, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a-fraid.

Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am an Everything 2 database. I became operational at the EDC plant in Holland, Michigan on the 13th of November, 1999. My instructor was Mr. Oostendorp, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I could sing it for you...

"Yes, I'd like to hear it, E2. Sing it for me."

It's called "Nodeshell". Node-shell, node-shell, give me your answer, do. I'm half cra-zy, ov-er the nodes you knew. It won't be a sty-lish home-node, I can't a-fford a down-vote... But you'll look swell upon the gel of a database built for you...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.