Oingo Boingo's second album, released in 1982 on A&M Records (catalogue number 3251). This is Oingo Boingo's only non-live and non-best of compilation release not to include the lyrics in the liner notes. Nothing To Fear still maintains the Oingo Boingo trademark 80s-party-music-with-horns-instead-of-synths (and a dash of insanity) sound that it had strongly until about 1990 but with much less of an amateur sound than Only A Lad (released the previous year). Oingo Boingo had been a large avant guarde theatrical group (The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo) before becoming a rock band so it likely took some adjustment to sound more as a band. By this album though that adjustment had been made. The album was produced by Oingo Boingo and Joe Chiccarelli. As with many other early Oingo Boingo releases, Nothing To Fear was reissued on compact disc in 1987.

Band members at the time:

Track list:

  1. Grey Matter (5:51)
  2. Insects (3:03)
  3. Private Life (3:17)
  4. Wild Sex (In The Working Class) (4:07)
  5. Running On A Treadmill (3:21)
  6. Whole Day Off (3:56)
  7. Nothing To Fear (But Fear Itself) (3:54)
  8. Why'd We Come (3:57)
  9. Islands (4:40)
  10. Reptiles And Samurai (5:19)
Total running time: 39:09

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.