Time counts, and keeps counting.

I was fast approaching 30. No, that isn't quite right, I was hurtling towards 30 like a man who had fallen out of an airplane. All I could see was the ground screaming towards me, and all I could think of was how I didn't get to do any of the things I wanted to do. I was typing furiously as the air rushed past me, trying with all my might to accomplish something before I hit the ground.

I finished writing my first book several months before I turned thirty. It was a roleplaying game book, using the Dungeons & Dragons and D20 licenses. Unfortunately it was doomed as the new version of the game I created it for was announced shortly after publication. Still, it is nice to see my name on the cover of something that isn't on a computer screen. I had plans for other books to link up with it, but the change in system version and (more importantly) the changes in D20 licensing kept that from happening. I still plan on writing more, just not anything else for Dungeons and Dragons.

Now I don't particularly have any friends anymore. I used to have friends, but they all got married and basically vanished off the scene. I know some people of course, but I don't have a single person that I could call up to actually do a social event. Not really. But I do have a roommate, and he has some friends. So that is a little bit better than nothing. The reason I am bringing up friends is because I had recently written a roleplaying game book, and as the author I wanted to use it in a game with actual people. Preferably somebody other than the people I usually played D&D with, as that gang was also all getting married off, and they tended to bring their babies to the game, and well, that just complicated everything.

So we started a new D&D game with myself as gamemaster, my roommate and his girlfriend, two other girls and two more boys. Things quickly got interesting from there.


On to part two.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.