Elwha is a tiger kitten. He is the extrovert. He runs to meet new visitors at the door, purring loudly. B says he likes him better than me, but frankly, Elwha likes everyone. Except a fairly big dog that came in the house leashed the other day. Elwha growls and has a very fluffed tail and doesn't calm down.

Sol Duc is black, except for a white star on her chest. She is the introvert. She purrs, but more quietly. She is more cautious about everything and especially about new people. She is a one person cat and I am honored to be chosen.

My daughter sees pictures and says, "Boa 2." Boa Black was my cat for 17 years. All black, except that in direct sun her fur was a deep red brown. Part Siamese, I think.

These kittens are already nearly Boa's size but are only about 10-11 weeks. I think they will be big cats. Elwha can hardly eat enough. He weighs a half pound less than his sister, but eats like he is starving all the time. He looks bigger. I think he is growing muscle and bone so fast that he can barely keep up. They have gained two pounds and doubled in size since they came from the shelter.

They went outside on leashes yesterday. I live on a busy street that has killed a cat of ours about 8 years ago. I don't expect to walk them. I have a "cat porch" too, a four by four by four foot chickenwire cage, that I can loose the cats in. I wish it was 6 by 6 by 6 so that I could stand up in it.

Yesterday the cats do not go off the porch, because I live in the Pacific Northwest and it is raining. Pretty steady and everything is very wet. The kittens don't like it much. Especially Elwha, after his recent accidental bath. So they go to the door and ask to go in soon. Ok. I open the door and Elwha heads in. Sol Duc just sits there and looks inside. She is pleased that I open doors when she wants them opened. I close the door and she and I stay out for a little bit more. Then I pick her up and head inside, because I am cold.

I am so glad to have cats again and especially a black one.

#13: Iron Noder

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.