Here's a tasty recipe which can be done with basic baking ingredients.

Nun's Puffs

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
Honey and/or cinnamon sugar(optional)

First: Grease twelve 2-1/2 inch muffin cups, especially around the tops as these tend to flow out some whilst baking. Then melt the butter in a saucepan and add the milk shortly after. Bring to boiling. Add the flour, stirring it in vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a dough that doesn't easily separate. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Secondly: Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a minute following each addition or until smooth. Then fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full and sprinkle with sugar.

Third: Bake in a 375 degree oven about 30 minutes, or until brown and -what else, of course- puffy. Remove from pan and serve immediately. Else they will collapse quicker than W. Bush's integrity... heheh^^ Add honey or cinnamon sugar to taste. BTW, these may be safe with only 3 eggs, as they taste a great deal like an egg sandwich, otherwise. Just my own personal experience.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book(12th edition)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.