OOG_THE_CAVEMAN is a very special user on the hip Slashdot 'News for nerds; Stuff that matters' site. Often, OOG posts comments to help lighten the mood. Often, he is rewarded with a score of 5, Funny for his posts. OOG_THE_CAVEMAN likes to type in all capital letters and use multiple, subsequent punctuation. He claims to be an Open-Source caveman from sometime in the past. OOG's posts are often crude, laced with primitive humor, assisted by homonyms and innuendo. His personal profile along with links to his past few comments are available at http://slashdot.org/users.pl?op=userinfo&nick=OOG_THE_CAVEMAN.

OOG READ EVERYTHING2 THEN NOTICE TERRIBLE MISTAKE ABOUT OOG WRITTEN IN OOG NODE!!! OOG HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SO CALLED INTERNET ORACLE!!! OOG NOT EVEN HAVE CLUE AS TO WHAT THAT IS!!! OOG NOT BASED ON ANY PAST INCARNATION, OOG EXCLUSIVE TO SLASHDOT!!! OOG REMIND YOU THAT OOG VERY COMMON CAVEMAN NAME!!! OOG THINK YOU THINKING OF DIFFERENT OOG!!! BESIDES, OOG SOLO ACT, NOT BIG SEVERAL YEAR OLD CONSPIRACY!!! OOG BREAK HEAD WITH OPEN SOURCE CD IF YOU NOT GET THAT RIGHT!!!

IF YOU WONDER WHETHER THIS REAL OOG, E-MAIL OOG (OOG@LINUXMAIL.ORG, SAME AS OOG SLASHDOT ACCOUNT) AND FIND OUT FIRSTHAND!!!

OOG NOW BORED!!! OOG GO SMOKE CAVE-WEED AND EAT FISH HEADS NOW!!!

Here's a sample of comments oog has made recently, much to my entertainment:

"and he hung himself that afternoon"

Actually, he HANGED himself... seeing as how anyone with a basic knowledge of english knows that people are HANGED, while objects are HUNG. Hell I'm a fucking caveman, and even I know that. Of course maybe the writer is referring as to how monotonous and drone-like computer programming and "hacking" activities are, referring to the kid as an object as a commentary of how robotic and mindless such hobbies really are. Or maybe he just didn't know the simple rule and the editors were too lazy/dumb to correct him. The latter is probably the case.

and...

Congrats, good troll. (Heh I'm starting to sound like those arrogant "trollbusting" Slashbots).

You know, I thought the headline said "13 Year-Old... Commits Suicide." That would mean he killed himself... he died by his own hand... he made the conscious decision to end his life. Period. Did any of the school administrators physically commit the act of murder? No.

And who was to blame for the act of hacking? Perhaps the actual person (the 13 year old) who commited the act of breaking into security holes? I'd love to know how the admins are directly to blame for this. Maybe they might be dumbasses for not being aware of the holes, but that doesn't make them directly responsible. If a burglar breaks into your house, is it your fault for not having a foolproof million dollar security system with iron bars, laser motion sensors, high tech alarms, and hired armed guards? Nope, the burglar is charged with the crime of breaking and entering.

Sorry, but as fun as it is to use a tragic death to lash out at things we don't like, there's something called reason. The kid did a dumb thing by hacking the school's computers, and when he found himself about to be punished for his misdeeds (maybe the punishment seems a little harsh, but that's another issue) he wasn't stable enough to handle it and made to decision to kill himself. It's sad enough that the kid killed himself without a bunch of dumb gawkers sitting around trying to make him a martyr.

Now, compare those posts to What the hell does OOG_THE_CAVEMAN have to do with Haagen-Dazs?

To shed some light on the issue:

You used to be cool, OOG. What happened?

then...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MAN, "I'M STILL COOL!"

eh I just got a little sick of dealing with the lameness filter, but ill probably be back in cave-form when i'm in a better mood. now to go finish off that 12-pack of cave-cerveza.

^OTC

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.