Watched the pink glove dance again this morning and cried.

There is good news about hospice, but the problem is that you cannot do cancer curative treatment AND hospice in the stupid United States system. That is not true in other countries. You can, however, do palliative treatment. And where, exactly, is the line between the two? It is a moving target, isn't it.

I want to take my nursing home patients back, but I can't do the call 24/7. Especially not now. I was 24/7 for obstetrics for almost 5 years for my own patients, call going to the other group only when I left town. Right now I am 24/7 for my own patients, but I have less than 150 total. My established nursing home patients would not involve a lot of calls, because I know them. It's the new ones I worry about.

I need a call group, and I thought I had one. But one member is reluctant. He is a mentor though. I emailed him some questions related to the mentoring, presented the call problem and asked for his advice.

Sigh.

The pink glove dance has gone viral on YouTube, so I guess I'm not the only one.

And can I Iron node with logs?

Life is full of questions.

Okay, so my second novel was released into the world today ... it's entitled Shotgun Sorceress, and it's the sequel to my first novel, Spellbent. It's an urban fantasy published by Del Rey (a Random House imprint) and it picks up pretty much right where the first book ended. You'll be able to find it in most Barnes and Noble stores, Borders, Chapters, Powell's Books, etc.

I tuckerized grundoon in it. Just because I could. And because I can't do a goddamn thing about anything that might be more important to her and her family.

Writing this second book in the series was a lot harder than writing the first book. I put pressure on myself to finish Spellbent, but at the end of the day, if I farted around on E2 instead of writing, well ... the only consequence was my own dismay at myself (okay, Braunbeck would fuss at me, too). With Shotgun Sorceress there was a real, genuine deadline written into a legally-binding contract. If I didn't turn the thing in when I said I would, I could lose my book deal along with any hope of others with Random House.

Some days, the words wouldn't come, or if they came, the writing was painfully slow. I always felt as if I was falling behind. It nearly drove me insane.

I tell you this in case any of you also sell a series that isn't written yet at the time of the contract: the second book will be harder than the first, even if you think you're the sort that does well under deadline. Be prepared.

But anyhow. I finished the book, and now it's in stores, so it feels "real" now. I hope those of you who read it enjoy it.

And now it's on to the third book, and hopefully the fourth book after that if Sorceress does well ....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.