Album recorded by Brent Spiner, posing as his golden-eyed Star Trek: The Next Generation character "Data". He chose the "Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back" as both an homage and parody of Frank Sinatra (who was often referred to as "Ol' Blue Eyes"). The following songs can be found on the album. There are precious few copies of the album and I don't own one. The album was originally released in 1991 by Bay Cities, Inc., and is out of print. I hear that it was re-released by a company called "Infinite Visions" in 1994.


1. Time after time (Julie Styne, Sammy Cahn)
2. The very thought of you (Ray Noble)
3. More than you know (Vincent Youmans, Billy Rose)
4. Toot toot tootsie (Dan Ruso, Gus Kahn, Ernie Erdman)
5. Embraceable you (George and Ira Gershwin)
6. It's a sin to tell a lie (Billy Mayhew) with The Sunspots
7. Long, long time (Jule Styne, Sammy Cahn)
8. Carolina in the morning (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn)
9. Marie (Randy Newman)
10. Zing! Went the strings of my heart (James F. Hanley)
11. When I fall in love (Victor Young, Edward Heyman)
12. Goodnight, sweetheart (R. Noble, J. Campbell, R. Connelly)


Spiner says that the only reason he did the album in the first place was simply because he could and liked "old American standards." He has no plans to make a second album, despite the pleas from his fans.

In the song "It's a Sin To Tell a Lie", Brent had backup vocals performed by the Sunspots, which consisted entirely of LeVar Burton (Geordi LaForge), Jonathan Frakes (Commander William Riker), Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard) and Michael Dorn (Worf).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.