OTC is an indie, lo-fi rock and roll band that has been around for the better half of the 90's. Names like Robert Schneider, William Cullen Hart, and Bill Doss spring to mind - not to exclude other members.

OTC is one of those bands in the Elephant 6 Recording Company, along with The Apples (in stereo), Secret Square, and Neutral Milk Hotel. These bands all share members and moves.

In conclusion, the OTC rules.

Neo-psychedelic band inspired by The Beach Boys, The Beatles (Rubber Soul period), and other sixties pop acts as well as the energy and passion of punk rock. After numerous singles and compilation appearances, collected on Singles & Beyond, they released their debut LP, Music From The Unrealized Film Script Dusk At Cubist Castle. Following some touring and some years working with their four tracks they released their masterpiece: Black Foliage: Animation Music. It combines Beach Boys-esque pop with crazy sound collages, tape manipulation pieces and the world's catchiest melody (The Black Foliage theme.)

Core Members:

...although in truth, all members play all sorts of other things as well. Various additional players (both live and studio) include: Jeff Mangum, Robert Schneider, Laura Carter, Andrew Reiger, Julian Koster, Jeremy Barnes, Scott Spillane... and virtually any other Elephant 6 musician.

Stuff to Waste Your Cash On:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.