Transforms from tank to robot to space station and back!

AUTOBOT: OMEGA SUPREME

FUNCTION: DEFENSE BASE
"Unyielding resolve has no conqueror."

The ultimate defensive force. Great strength, even greater courage. Serious, even grim...last line of Autobot defense. Protects the Ark and all else vital to his cause. As robot, can shatter a mountainside, lift 300,000 tons with clawed arm, destroy 12' steel cube with plasma blaster arm...has head-mounted laser cannon. Can transform to laser cannon tank and launching pad with rocket. Rocket can achieve planetary orbit.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 10
  • Skill: 6
Transformers Tech Specs


Why is Omega Supreme still one of the most popular, most desirable collectible Transformers? Is it because he was the biggest Transformer ever when he was first rolled out into the toy stores? Is it because he was the first TF with motorized walking? Is it because he explodes apart into twenty bazillion pieces and reassembles again whenever you transform him? Is it because of the cool-looking clawed arm?

Probably a little of all of these, plus the look of the guy. With his claw and laser-gun arms, winged backpack, faceless head, and enormous legs, he looked nothing like any other TF produced before or since. He looks big, no question about it. If you wanted an Autobot to stomp your Decepticons into the plush carpet for good, this was the guy.

Omega Supreme got a decent amount of coverage in the cartoon, although his size prevented him from accompanying the other Autobots on most missions. They usually tapped him for trips to Cybertron, which probably would have led to more resentment on his part if he didn't have such a "Where do you want to go today?" sort of personality. According to the cartoon, he was derived from the guardian robots used by the Quintessons and later by the first Autobots for combat.

Like Sky Lynx later, Omega Supreme was licensed from the Japanese company Toybox, not Takara like most Transformers. His original name was "Super Change Robo Mechabot-1". I think we're all glad Hasbro changed it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.