This classic 80s comedy released in 1986 was written and directed by Savage Steve Holland. The cast includes John Cusack, Demi Moore, Bob Goldthwait, Joel Murray, Matt Mulhern, Tom Villard, Curtis Armstrong, Jeremy Piven and many more.

They're out of school, out on Nantucket, and out of their minds. With this crowd, anything can happen!

Hoops McCann (John Cusack) an aspiring writer and cartoonist who can't play basketball very well gets invited to go to Nantucket for the summer by his friend George Calamari (Joel Murray). On the way the end up meeting Cassandra Eldrich (Demi Moore) and helping her out. Once in Nantucket they hook up with George's friends the Stork Twins, Egg (Bob Goldthwait) and Clay (Tom Villard), and Ack Ack Raymond (Curtis Armstrong). Meanwhile Cassandra's grandfather is about to lose his house to the Beckersteds. Hoops decides to help Cassandra (yeah he is sweet on her). To save the house they must find a way to beat Teddy Beckersted (Matt Mulhern) in the Nantucket regatta. Jeremy Piven plays Ty a friend of Teddy's.

I just caught this on HBO the other night. I've seen it before, but it had been awhile. This movie is hilarious. The biggest fault I find with this movie is having both Bobcat Goldthwait and Curtis "Booger" Armstrong in the same movie. It is almost an overload. Cusack is great in his role as the slacker with an artistic future. Demi Moore plays her role well. I also must mention the late William Hickey plays Old Man Beckersted you may not recognize the name, but you'd probably recoginze the guy (Christmas Vacation, Prizzi's Honor). And Squid Calamari (Kristen Goelz) George's little sister.

Finally I would like to talk about the Fuzzy Bunnies. Keep your eyes open for the Fuzzy Bunnies; they are evil and are always trying to ruin your day. The cartoons Cusack's character creates are hilarious!

yet another installment in Xamot's attempt to node every movie from the 80s that he has seen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.