This British comedy is about the adventures of two brothers selling dodgy goods on the streets of London.

Starring David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst as Del-boy and Rodney, the show has been running for many years, and Del-boy's catchphrases "You plonker" and "Lovely Jubbly" have fallen into common usage. The show is a phenomenon, and contains the clip (which was recently voted the funniest moment ever in British comedy, above a clip from Dad's Army) where Del-boy, trying to impress some ladies in a pub, casually leans onto part of a bar which has just been folded up and falls over.

Another famous element from the show is the yellow three-wheeled Reliant van, boasting the words "Trotters' Independant Trading Company" on the sides, and often bearing a sign reading "TAX IN POST" in lieu of a tax disc.

If you've never seen this show, or experienced David Jason's particular brand of genius, the scene of Del-boy falling into the gap left by the bar flap may not sound like a candidate for funniest moment in British Comedy. However, it's all in the execution. Falling-over gags are, of course, as old as the hills, but this one really takes the cake. Del falls through the bar in one clean motion, without bending his body even slightly. As he disappears out of view, he is at well under a 45 degree angle with the floor. It really has to be seen to be believed.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.