I usually try to tell folks when I remove one of their writeups here. I just do it by /msg instead of by Editor Logs, usually. It seems like the right thing to do. However, I've been getting more and more grief about it lately. Charges of censorship and favoritism and just downright meanness have been leveled at me. In the spirit of all that, I'd like to share a little story with you.




My daughter and I went over to Memphis last summer to see Better Than Ezra. We love that band. Unfortunately, this day they were playing at an outdoor festival with a bunch of stages; you know the setting. And we had to sit through an incredibly banal set of something akin to music by Clarence Carter. While my daughter and I listened to Mr. Carter drone on in 3 chords (HIS 3 chords) about how much he enjoys anal sex in his one marvelous hit, "Strokin'", some teenagers came to enjoy the afternoon right next to us.

One of those teens was a young man approaching 20, about 6'3", who must have weighed all of 100 pounds. He wore somewhat filthy (I only say this from the smell) black jeans and a black bandanna around his greasy black hair. He was shirtless, and through all the silver chains hanging from his neck, one could not miss the tattoo which covered his entire chest. It was in the font Lucida Blackletter. It said,

ONLY JESUS CAN JUDGE ME



My daughter turned to me, as if for answers. I told her this:

"Well, darling, he's quite mistaken. . . You see, I've already judged him to be the dumbest son of a bitch I've seen this week."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.