Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 11

Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight

Directed by Reza Badiyi
Written by Joss Whedon
Original air date: May 19, 1997
Episode #: 4V11

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter
Angel: David Boreanaz
Marcie Ross: Clea DuVall
Harmony: Mercedes McNab

Strange things are happening as Cordelia is campaigning for Sunnydale High's May Queen. Mitch, her date for the occasion, is clubbed in the locker room with a baseball bat which seems to move by itself. A bit later, Harmony falls down the stairs. She insists she was pushed, but no one saw anyone who could push her. Buffy hears a girl's voice without seeing anyone, comes to the conclusion that she's invisible, and pursues her, without any luck. She then asks Willow for a list of missing kids.
Meanwhile, Angel tells Giles that he thinks Buffy is in great danger, but he doesn't know what kind of danger.

Cordelia is elected May Queen, and Buffy thinks Cordelia is the link between the two attacks. On the list Willow gave her, she finds Marcie Ross, and thinks she might be the one they're looking for. After some investigation, Buffy stumbles upon some sort of nest where in the ceiling above the band room, where the girl might have been hiding. Meanwhile, Cordelia's teacher almost suffocates after another attack by the invisible girl.

They find out that Marcie was in everybody's classes, but no one seems to remember who she was. Giles says she became invisible because she was perceived that way. No one cared about the girl and living above the Hellmouth made her invisible.
Because Cordelia is the most popular girl in school, she's the one Marcie wants to destroy. Cordelia's coronation that evening is the perfect place for Marcie to attack, so she would be used as bait, but she isn't very happy with that. As Cordelia is about to get ready for the dance, she gets pulled up through the ceiling by Marcie.

Meanwhile, Giles, Willow and Xander follow the sound of wailing music down to the boiler room, hoping it will lead to Marcie. But instead, they are knocked unconcious by gas fumes. Marcie also anesthetizes Buffy and Cordelia, brings them to the Bronze and ties them up. Marcie plans to give Cordelia a face so ugly that no one will ever forget. She slices Cordelia's cheek, but Buffy manages to free herself and fights Marcie. Just as a pair of FBI agents arrive, she knocks Marcie out. The FBI takes her away to rehabilitate.
Angel saves the gang in the boiler room, but when Buffy asks who saved them Giles tells her it was the janitor.

previous episode  next episode
Index

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.